NEVADA UNDERGRADUATE RESEARCH OPPORTUNITY PROGRAM (UROP)
Maya Zawlodski, Nevada State College
–Photo by Kurt Regner
The UROP program promotes intensive undergraduate research opportunities for university students. Through these research experiences, our goal is to enhance the recruitment and retention of undergraduates in STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) disciplines, particularly those related to solar energy and its effects on water resources and the environment in general.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) announces the
Undergraduate Research Opportunity Program (UROP)
Academic Year 2021-2022 Scholarships
to promote undergraduate research
- Who can apply: Undergraduate students enrolled full time (12 credits), during both Fall 2021 and Spring 2022 at any NSHE institution during the time they are conducting their research. Scholar must have an NSHE faculty mentor to supervise their research project. Past recipients of a NSF-EPSCoR undergraduate research scholarship under the current NEXUS award are not eligible to apply.
- Research areas: Students working in areas of science, technology, engineering or math (STEM), except for medical sciences, are eligible. Fields related to solar energy, water and/or environmental research are of special interest. Students with research tied to medical sciences are encouraged to apply for the National Institutes of Health IDeA Network for Biomedical Research Excellence (NIH INBRE). For more information, visit http://www.unr.edu/inbre
- Scholarship amount: $4,000 for students
- Application Deadline: Monday, August 16, 2021
- Research Period: October 4, 2021 – May 31, 2022
Scholarship Information Sessions Available!
Want to learn more about this scholarship opportunity? Need assistance in writing your application? Join us via Microsoft Teams to go through the application and to learn about resources available to you.
NSHE faculty who have agreed to, or who are interested in being a, research mentor are invited to attend the information sessions so as to learn more about the program, meet students and sign up to be listed in the Nevada STEM Mentor Network database.