Undergraduate Research Opportunity Program (UROP)
Request for Proposals
Application Deadline: March 6, 2015
The Undergraduate Research Opportunity Program (UROP) is accepting applications for the Summer 2015 program.
Who is Eligible? Any full-time undergraduate student attending an NSHE institution. U.S. citizens, permanent residents and non-U.S. citizen students with a valid visa may apply.
Research areas: Students working in any area of science, technology, engineering or math (STEM) are encouraged to apply. Fields related to solar energy, water and/or environmental research are of special interest. These include (but are not limited to): Biology, Civil & Environmental Engineering, Climatology, Computer Science, Ecology, Economics, Education, Environmental Studies, Geography, Hydrology, Journalism, Natural Resources and Political Science.
- Fine Tune Your Application! All students from any NSHE institution are invited to participate in free application workshops. See Flyer for dates and times.
- Award Period: June 1 – August 14, 2015
- $4,500 Scholarship to students
- $750 to faculty mentors for project expenses
- Sponsored by NSF EPSCoR Award #IIA-1301726
- Download Solicitation
Photo Courtesy of Kurt Regner